Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Drum Beater


So, we're back to the breaks. This time around, I've got a break that's in 5/4 time that's pretty hot. There is a little piece of the track at the end, just so that the break could loop right, but, it should be nothing for you aficionados to discard of that and put the rest of the break to use.

I DO have another break that I'm just about to post over at my twitter page, and, trust, if you think this break is ill, then that one will knock your socks off. For that one, I actually posted two versions of the break, one with all the reverb of the original track and another showing how Recycle can be used to decrease the amount of reverb that is present in most drum breaks.

Get over there and see what I mean.

P.S.

Both of the files include a wav file for those not fond of Recycle or who are just holding out on this great piece of software.

Also, I wanted to post links for two "free" VST's that support rex files so that, even if you don't own recycle, you can still get your groove on. There are plenty of "commercial" plugs that support rex files, but, in this time of recession, I'll focus on the freebies.

Ilio Satellite


Shortcircuit

Satellite is both Windoze and Mac while Shortcircuit is only Windoze. These were two that I found with a quick search of the KVR Database, so, you may be able to find some more if you're willing to look.

Pass in comments, as usual.

4 comments:

Harmonix said...

pass = jumpthegun

Anonymous said...

wsup. Thanks for the break. This is M. Heights from cratekings. Peace.

Harmonix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harmonix said...

Thanks for the comment M. Heights. Be sure to grab all the other breaks on here and over at my twitter page. Also, keep your eyes peeled on the twitter page, cause I'm gonna drop another one over there soon. And it won't be mentioned on the blog.