Friday, March 21, 2008

And, here I stand with my gun in my hand...



So, I just wanted to let ya'll know that I'm still here. I got like no comments on my last post, bu t that's cool. I've never been part of the in-crowd, nahmean? Also, the fact that I only get to update the blog like every 2 weeks doesn't help too much either, does it?

Anyway, I'll probably get a post with actual content up tomorrow. I am planning to begin a series called "Sample Snitchin'". Now, don't get me wrong, I won't actually be exposing the original artists or song titles of the songs the samples were pilfered from (I'm not trying to make life any harder to sampling producers out there), but I will be providing the track used (with no ID3 tags for you sneaky bastards out there) and the song it was used within. I also might only provide a snippet of the original track. It's all up in the air.

Well, just as a heads up, the first producer to be exposed will be none other than the late, great J. Dilla. And, TRUST ME, I'm going to be providing you with some ish that you have not heard on any of the million plus sample mixes that have sprouted up out of the nebula since his passing.

So, that's it. Stay tuned and TRUST ME, the samples will be some ish you haven't heard.

Lastly, I wanted to plug my myspace page: Harmonix Analogue

I should be adding a new beat to the page sometime this weekend, so be sure to hit it up.

Anyway, until tomorrow, peace.

No comments: